Friday, September 30, 2005
I just started this, this week. I'm about half way done, it's knitted very quickly for me too...Flat knitting then fold in half and seam very simple really. I seen a sample in a store when out of state and the pattern called for 18 balls of Alpaca Silk, way to expensive I thought. The sample that was hanging in the store was knitted with a replacement yarn of 6 hanks of Bartlett so I thought I'd go with something a little softer and picked up Cascade 220. I hoep to be done next week sometime, I'm getting cold these days and need a sweater that I can quickly put on/off since the temperature is up and down.. Good ole New England weather for you...
Can you believe it something for myself finally other then socks...heeeeheeee if you all really knew how many projects I don't post about, you'd all think I was totally NUTS!! I really do either knit alot or really fast......;o)) I amaze myself sometimes
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
My little guy was climbing on his plastic totes I got for him to keep his cars and trucks cause he likes to push them around the house, well he climbed up on them alright he fell and hit his head, knocked himself out cold! about 20 mintues or more I couln't keep him awake when he opened his eyes his eyes would roll in back of the top eye lids...I rushed him to the hospital wihtin 30 mintues they took him in right away he was stil lvery sleepy and groggy then too. then we got him to stay awake and be aware of where we where and what happend, then they sadate him to have a CT?
which the ER doc said he'd be fine and I could take him home... now this afternoon
The DR calls me and insitsted that I brought him back in right away like right now which I did, we home now again.. He defiantely has aa full confusion since he was out so long and lots of swelling which it's gone down some today which is good. He seems ok but tired and keeps complaining of his head hurts the poor thing.. They said that we have to watch very cafefully that he can have internally bleeding in 72 hours after the truma to the head and that
since he has had a concusion in the past, had emergency surgery on his head last year and this blow that if he hits his head again int he next week or so that it can be death!! They couldn't stress upon that enough... How the heck am I going to make him stay down for that long he's a little boy and loves to climb... HE can't climb, no swings no playgrounds, no outside int he yard nothign that he may fall at? He did this in his bedroom> errr! maybe I should put a helmet on him I said jokingly they said nope! DO IT!!! yeah right like he'd keep one on 24/7! I was so worried when they said that I had to bring him in right now right away....but to hear that not once but a ocuple times over and over then explin to him again he can die his in a HIGH risk alomst 100% that if he hits himself again he won't make it?? No why in the world did the ER doc let me take him home last night??
Oh well I'm in for a hell of a week I think and the DR explained to my 5 y/o no wrestling with her brother for a while if he still has headaches and continues that his head hurts in the next day or so and still sleep drowsy I have to take him back..
I'm sooo stressed I need a break!! He just wants mommy, cuddle and kiss him on his booboos, yes more then one on Saturday afternoon we were at a playground next to a Clam/lobster boil that we were at and my DH was right with him then I walked over to tell him something my Ds was on the see saw wioth another kid who decided to jump off whiel my DS slides off the see saw end goes smack down and hits him right on the face side of cheek.. Sao now he has a little cut beside his left nose/cheek and side of head with lots of brusing and swelling then this yeaterday on the right side of his head actually the entire right side of his head is one large bump was like a boulder egg but like I said it's gone down way down
so were chilling and cuddling he's getting lots of kisses and hugs and attention...the poor thing I think I'd be out cold right about now, he must really have a hard head! I 'm just worried about the rest of the week and weekend.. Is it possible to keep a 4 y.o down that long?? I guess I'm going to find out ... I think I need to stalk up on chocolate to keep me going with him.
Bad luck usually comes in 3 so I wonder whats next?? I'm on the look out now.....
I did manage to finish these the other day! Anoushka from London, UK knitted one with the Regina and it wasn't the right size so I swapped with her for it there perfect
Then last night after coming home I recieved these from a sock swap I was in on the Townsend-socks-knit-long-group.. I sent Nancy my teal Ample socks and she knitted these with lovely German trekking sock yarn in a basketweave pattern.. They fit perfectly....
Now when I can seriously sit, relax and knit on a project... This is my hectic life just a little sampling of a basic day in our house......I should've taken up juggling and joined the circus??...... Wheres DH Working AS USUAL!!! day/night and weekends to this time of year.. Those bad boater people he's had his own dilemas this past week too! Dumb employees grown men that need to grow up and they do stupid things wreak boats, flip the finger to customers at a boat ramp, I dont' need to say no more or I may go on about that...Just stupid expensive things!!
Sunday, September 25, 2005
Here's some of us girls spinning at Marthas Vineyard a couple weeks back..
Yes, I'm in the picture along with Maggie, Lin and Charice
We had a grand ole time, lots of fun and I'm sure looking forward to going again.. Maggie tried to hide this from us, she drew this afterwards of us, she's so very talented!! Isn't it AWESOME! I'm sure proud ot be part of her art....She did this in ink & watercolors, I had to brag....she has a story about htis I"m sure but will remain with us....LOL shhhhhhhhh!!!!
Friday, September 23, 2005
It's a very SATISFYING treat for knitting......A MUST TRY! I just made a batch!
here's it's ready to eat and finger licking good!!
It's will surely melt in your mouth and tickle those taste buds.... Better then SEX! YES!
Is it teasing you yet????? GREAT! but I'll stop teasing you now and share??????..
Want to try some check out the recipe here....
Happy Knitting licking and Enjoy!! Endless possiblities
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Oh I've been longing to do something like this for years.... I want to so bad but the price of the yarn will kill me!!! despartely seeking a replacement for sure
I love to wrap myself in these types of sweater it'd be so nice to make one instead of buying them....here's the pattern I know not everyone checks out knitty
Help! It's killing me to even look at it anymore......LOL
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
sad to say yes I am a snob....although I think I like the Cotton Ease for the kids knits for hats & mittens otherwise I avoid it at all costs....
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Oh yeah I spin!! Love it have 2 wheels that are in good use...
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) yes n no but some florals do make me sneeze, and recently had tests and found out that I'm allergic to all tress & grass?? Who knew I thought everyone sneezed coughed and gaged when doing lots of yard work
4. How long have you been knitting? most of my life but obsessively as an adult
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? both amazon & knit picks
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) fresh, clean fruity, sweet everything really except not huge fan of florals. I also make my own soaps and things dable here and there
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? well of course.. I think I'm a certifiable chocoholic.....
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? spin, knit, felt, beaded stitch markers, knit more, spin more...
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? not really kinda plain, nautical but branching out into more colors, not a sparkly type
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? have a Dh & 3 children, 17 & 5 y/o girls and a little man of the house who'll be 4 in a couple weeks. Oh and of course the best one the family a knitty cat lovwes to knit with me...lol
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)Living it sort of.... have a wonderful husband who works very hard for us and a happy healthy family
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I'll knit with just about anything...althoguh I've been trying to catch some Rowan big wool on sale but it never happens to me, I 've been dreaming about the tate sweater inthe book I bought last year still drooling.....
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? synthetics
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks, sweaters, felted things, & clapotis's, handpainted yarns, fingerweight to extra bulky oh everything! I do alot of knitting
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? sweaters & socks and felted items
17. What are you knitting right now? several socks, clappotis's, pullovers, cardigans adult & child, more socks,
18. What do you think about ponchos? don't won't knti them won't wear them reminds me way to much of having to wear them and hating them as a kid
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circs & DPN all the way for everything
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? hard woods or addis
21. Are you a sock knitter? Totally obsessed!
22. How did you learn to knit? grandmother when I was very young and self taught
23. How old is your oldest UFO? scray thought a crochet afhgan in single stitches , takes forever!! I only work on it in the winter cold months so Ishouldn't say how old it is... Maybe alomst close to 5 y.o but nothing else sits aorund longer then a couple months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? sponge bob, smurfs, tweety but I do sit and wacth sponge bob even if t he kids get distracted so sad I know 5pm everyday!
25. What is your favorite holiday? just another day, but of course I celebrate them for the kids, I enjoy halloween the best I get to tkae the candy and some of that bad chocolate thats no good for them....heeeheeeheee
26. Is there anything that you collect? besides yarn and fiber?? hmmm I'd have to say lighthouses but I like more decor type thigns not knick knacks that have to be dusted takes way to much time away from knitting ya know
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? spin off, IK & Rowan
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? can't think of any at the moment maybe knitting mysteries or the new sock book by Nancy Bush is allthat really comes to mind
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? can't think of anything, minds a total blank
ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? US 8-9 all kinds of soft luxury sock yarns of course. I usually knit them about 9" long. To put that many stitches onto something they need to be soft & cozy as well as warm, but I don't like thick types have to many only wear around the house
I just love getting mail so don't stress out, let me know if you have any questions....
Friday, September 16, 2005
This is our second sock completed for this years six-sox-a-long
Its done with a beautiful teal colored wool on size 1 needles a neat british gansey pattern. The patterns are free if you join the group of course.... I'm sending it to my sock swap partner..on the Townsend-socks-knit-a-long. Hope she enjoys them as much as I have knitting them
Thursday, September 15, 2005
Isn't this packaging adorable it's a heavy nice thick tissue type.. I love it! Looksie merino roving, hmmm she must know me.......and just enough for a pair of socks I hope, I'll be spinning it very thin for sure and make a 3-ply lace weight with this stuff for sure....
ok look SOCK YARN!!!!! heeeheee merino too. a little cute card with a sweet note and birthday wishes, a box of tea and small package of cookies with chocolate
check out the tea bag...................it's made of a nice quality tulle...I've never seen tea bags like this.. Very neat...Smells great ~ Enjoyed myself a nice hot cup of tea with this very damp and 12+ inches of rain we had today so far..... urghhhh! Thank you knittyboard SP5!! Big HUGS! I'll enjoy everything!
then a couple other secret pals arrived today too..from our stitch marker swap 1 aren't they pretty neat and the earrings or row counters either way they work.. so generous what a lovely secret pal and even thoguh I've hosted the swap I have no clue I don't recognize the addy... so it's really a surprise but I get to find out next motnh sometime right???? Thank you so much SMSP!
Oh boy another package!! hmmm LOVE THEM! The've got to be the cutest most adorable markers that I've ever seen.. WOW!! Very impressed!! Thank you SMSP!!! a mermaid, sheep, fish, colorful nubby ball, and a smooth one, so beautiful all glass blown I'm sure of it!!
Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I took about a DOZEN OR PICTURES, BESIDE BEING THE ONLY ONE WITH THE KITTY UNDER MY HAND SHE INSISITS.......This is probably the best picture that I'm going to get... I think my DH has great taste in jewelry.. It's my third sapphire my birthstone of course but also a favorite anyway. the setting also sits up a bit with like latice type high prongs for each diamond... kinda like the family ring I had designed a couple years ago but the lattice work is more like tulips type setting. Gourgeous color and 14 diamonds to go with it....hmmmm I wonder what he's trying to tell me......hmm?? (beside that he still loves me)
Monday, September 12, 2005
Ok well not exactly birthday cake cups but definatley cupcakes.......lol My little cupcakes aren't they adorable?? My son really wants this pink one but little does he know I'm making him a chocolate & blue cup cake hat for himself.. He can be such the little girl sometimes I swear....
I'm going to make a half dozen or so for little gifts for the kids in the family, cousins, etc. Of course I may add some jimmies with white or colored yarn peices for the little ones and beads for the older kids......Who doesn't like al ittle cup ckae, even DH had to admit they were cute... There's some free paterns for hats on Chole Con Yarne's blog... There all so cute but these had to be the cutest and most unique and how the kids hate to wear hats in the winter I thought they'd be perrrrrrfect!! Super quick to knit up in an evening too. I just used some left over junk and wiped one up to try and they really do fit a variety of heads but the others I'm going to make about 1/2-1 inch longer on the ribbing because the girls with hair it gets a bit slippery.
One hat I'm going to alter the pattern a tiny bit and make it to match my cousins strawberry shortcake theme of everything she owns.....but do the entire thing in red/pink color then on the top decreases use green and the pom pom green or brown for the stem and black specks .. Hopeully it will work... Does anyone have some extra time I can borrow to do all these??!! lol pretty please... really need more time
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
Sunday, September 04, 2005
I psun a sample of some fiber someone sent me and asked me to spin for them it's blended of Dog Fur & sheeps wool. soft & fluffy.triple plied about a fingerweight to sport. It's approx 39 yards & .5oz. the picture is very acurate. I'm getting a little batter at them aren't I...................
wanted to try my hands at some pastel colorway it's pale pink and very pale lilac which is very pale but I think knitted up will look better. Its triple plied, about fingering/sport weight, some unknown fiber, approx 240 yards & 1.6oz
the dog fur I'll be sending back to it's owner and the dyed not sure yet, just playing.
The campground we go to is closing was sold to someone who's not likely to keep it as a campground so we heading out for the day , theres trick or treating this afternoon for the kids, of course we have to have this accuse for me to bring a chocolate cake!! yum!!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Oh My! my! my! I'm impressed with myself and my friend purlpower.. WOOOHOO!! You can see the deep teal color compared to my ties in seagreen..It's absolutely beautifully colors and spun perfectly if I do say so myself.....The sheen is beautiful I ended up triple plying this yes thats right triple ply and it's still a beautiful laceweight/fingerweight type of yarn... I can't rave enough about the color and the way it drafted, spun and how lovely the yarn turned out, I'm totally impressed with her for choosing this herself someone who doesn't spin yet so is experimenting not know what to look for she's totally magnificant! I folded the roving in half and spun on 2 different bobbins because I wanted to make socks so I wanted to be sure they were perfectly even. I spun them the same and very consistant too. so the singles totalled 211.8 yards and after playing I have 2 perfectly even skeins of 70.6 yards each. It was from about 1.7oz of roving maybe less.. I was planning on sockies but now I want gloves for myself so I can show this lovely lovely yarn off!! I Love it! (and a bonus merino, too!) and no sticky?? I wonder what the secret feed is over in the UK for the sheep. The picture doesn't do this any justice really!
Thursday, September 01, 2005
RIGHT HERE BABY!
Ya think I'm a little obsessed ???! HELP ME!! Send me to a sock or fiber camp...heeeheeeheeee
My DH asked what I want for my birthday (in 10 days) guess what my answer was??
YARN or a Gift certificate for some and for Christmas too....
Every year I tell him the same but still I'm waiting paitently maybe this time........
just not sock/ fiber annoynomus?? I think we should start one......
I have to HAVE I need more SOCKS!!! and FIBER!! I'm drowning!