Friday, February 15, 2008

Sock Yarn Blanket WIP

This is going to be a work in progress thats for sure!!
I started my squares with some leftover sock yarn I have, have more then what made the photo this time....There about 2x2
Need a TON of leftover sock yarns if anyone has some they don't' want or need I'll gladly accept them! ;o))) preferably with some wool content for the warmth....but all welcomed thin/thicker types ok too should workout fine.. I'll make it work. Just let me know what you'd like in a fair return when you contact me please! TIA

I figure my son would really enjoy a nice big old blanket to snuggle with when he needs to get pick up and head to the ER in a hurry or just to cuddle.. He loves blankets and wanted me to make him a fish blanket with different colored fish, but I thought since I'd have to buy so many of the same brand and weight yarn and I had all these sock yarn leftovers that I'd compromise with him and do this this instead.. I sure need a TON of leftover sock yarns though....


so off to look for some deals.. I found on Etsy at Karen's Heavenly Creations
a variety of different colorways to use too

even these smaller samples as well
so to the swift and ball winder I went
to get these neat cakes to start with


so off to get more squares going

so far I'm just knitting a bunch but will start to put some together soon I'm sure so I'll be less likely to loose or misplace the squares then a piece of fabric right.....

of and with the smaller pieces that don't work out for squares I think I'll start wiping up some earrings like these using stealing silver wire...maybe sell on Etsy too to help fun this WIP....hmm with so many colors what would a nice shade for a border be? err! I'll worry about that later....

4 comments:

Elspeth said...

What a great sampler! I'm tempted to buy one myself! If you want to send me your address elspethm@gmail I'll happily send you some odds and ends as well.

Batty said...

That's such a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I am also going to be doing a mitered square, left-over sock yarn blanket. However, I did not want to sew the squares together. If you go to the Heathen Housewife's blog she has a tutorial for one that connects the squares as you go. Go to this Blog: http://www.shellykang.com/

Lynn

Anne said...

if you pm me on Ravelry with your mailing address I can definitely send you some leftover sock yarn ...wish I could do more! Your son is lucky to have you as his mom.