Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Fun Fibery - Spinning Adventures

Ohhh Looksie here I was SURPRISED with an AWEOSOME RAK from Carolyn It's 200g of first clip of kid Mohair from her very own goats! I guess I'm one VERY LUCKY HAPPY GITTE GIRL!!! All these pretty locks the curls just so sweet. check out her little baby on her site just the sweetest thing you've ever seen. I'm so blessed that she shared some with me! HUGE {{HUGS}} heading overseas my friend! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! Sooooo soft. I can't wait to try some out.. Definately will have to be something special for myself...Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Then A very nice lady from our guild shared some cotton seeds with me so I can grow my own cotton...It came from a realtive of hers in Georgia! Now this is definately going to be an adventure. I even had the experience of plucking the seeds from the cotton...Now I can say I tried it right! ;o))

I've taken a little break from combing/spinning to spinnning some hand-dyed merino top roving from the Spinning Bunny
this is what it's looking like.. It's alot of fun spinning this, been practicing spinning from the fold! ekkks! Just not sure if I want to use the singles or ply it for some socks....The single looks so nice.....Not sure if you can tell from the picture all the pretty colors blended of sienna, gold, plum, and garnet with a bit of black and blues maybe a otuch of purplish an earthly southwestern type of color. It's the Sandstone colorway. I also have some of the Abalone which is a blend of reds, pinks, violet, white & blues.. I haven't started spinning that one just yet but of course will post pictures when I do. Susan was great help easy talking with and quick shipping. Great person to order from for sure.. You won't be disappointed... She even enclosed some lavender in with each fiber order.

And...another order arrived....of course what else more sock yarns! Alison is very QUICK!! A skein of Opal prisma in purple, 2 skeins of Intrelacements, and 2 skeins of Cascade simply stripes in blues..Then of course those hard to find US size 1.5 DPN! added to the stash ;o)))

I recieved 6 packages today when I seen the mail carrier he wanted to lighten his load before doing the route.>>..I hope he has some more that I'm expecting from from swaps on the knitty! the other part of my Betty Crocker order arrived, the 4-pc dome bake & fill cake pan set and an ice cream sandwich maker...WOOHOOO! Brownies are coling so I can use it....any bakers out there in blog land might want to check out her website for some good prices before it's Out OF Stock once sold out thats it no more... She's going out of business and closing her doors no more catalog! Points aren't good on items any longer only on shipping costs of order over $48

Geez! I've had such a GREAT week so far and more goodies too need to take more pictures will post them later tomorrow..

2 comments:

Carole Knits said...

I love Allison's sock yarn company! I got some tiny toes yarn, too. Because, you know, I needed more sock yarn.

aija said...

Mmm, all of your pics look delicious! I love that new interlacements from Simply Sock yarn :)