Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Completed over Holiday weekend

This is how I spent my long weekend! I managed to get a couple soap sock bags completed for a partial order

Then I spun up the fiber I received from my SP5 on knittyIt's 100% Merino, handcarded and dyed for me in her colorway called Fern. It's beautiful! I love it I ended up getting 2 skeins, 1 67 yards and 1 60 for a total of 127 yards! I love the variations of the greens such soothing colors

Then I finished plying off these skeins I had on my bobbins a sample of some perdigree dog a friend hobby loft had given me to try I ended up with 30 yards, 82 yards of the light brown llama & 56.6 yards of romney from some fleece I had. All of which are between a fingering to sport weight 3 ply


Now I'm working on spinning some quiviet.....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the fern so pretty! You have just been busy! I want to learn how to spin! I am seeing a lot of people making really dool yarns! Happy New Year!!

PURLPOWER said...

Happy New Year Soapy!

Zonda said...

Happy New Year! Love those little bags, and your yarn is pretty, I especially like the chocolate..yummy! Take care!

. said...

Love all the yummy yarn! I'm hoping soon to try my hand at soap making. It looks and sounds like fun.

PURLPOWER said...

What lovely spinning, especially the green. Did I tell you I am getting a spinning wheel soon when my parents bring it up for me from Derby?