Another blogger secret pal round.. There so much fun! As always looking forward to spoiling someone else as much as being spoiled..... I LOVE my mail........
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I guess some would say yes I am a yarn snob but I've also been known to use the cheaper brands as well soft soft soft ones not rough
2. Do you spin? Crochet? yes & yes but prefer knitting over crochet anyday
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
a plastic tote toolbox/lure box some may call it but it's more like a tool box
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
intermediate - advanced no ones perfect or knows everything thats for sure
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes both amazon & knit picks
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
not to picky clean, fresh, STRONGER the better, cool, warm, sweet
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
soap & tolietries, scrapbook on occasions
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I believe so yes, country, classic rock mostly but all kinds
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
nautical, naturals, not any neon type, pretty open to many many colors
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married, 3 children 17 3/4 y/o girl 5 3/4 y/o girl & 4 1/2 y/o boy, with a 7 y/o female kitty
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
sock yarns especially my absolute favorites are Socks that Rock from handspinning.com/thefold or blue moon fibers and regia silk, cherry tree hill, mountain colors, anne & lorna laces sock yarns
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
socks, sweaters & felted bag & more socks
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks mostly but anything, felted slippers
17. What are you knitting right now?
socks, sweaters, blocks, soap bags, jacket, scarf, mittens
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
bamboos, exotic hardwoods, & addis
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes & yes
22. How did you learn to knit?
my grandmother as a child then self taught crash course to self of everything every technique I could find
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
a crochet blanket for my DD about 2 1/2 y/o it's HUGE like a super duper calif. king size
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
tweety, taz & spongebob
25. What is your favorite holiday?
4th of July used to be & halloween for the chocolate of course the kids shouldn't have it all right??? LOL
26. Is there anything that you collect?
besides yarn & fiber, notions, teas, starting on the teapots, lighthouses
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
rowan, IK, spin off, vogue hmm nto even sure but I think there expiring real soon if not already
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Socks That Rock Yarn any color not picky,
12-16" circs sock sizes hard to find want to try something for sock knitting, a copy of wild fibers mag (never seen one), handpainted opal or raidforest or silk opals never tried them
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, US 8 - 9 usually knit socks to 9" at most
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Any questions don't hesitate to ask away....no matter how bizarre.... ;o)))))