Sunday, August 28, 2005

Another Fair & WIP

Well, today heading back to the Marshfield fair for a spinning demo/bee!!It's my wheel and I first anniversary! Boy have it been a LONG educating year for sure.. I jumped right in with both feet and research & learned so much more then some.  Who would've thought! 2 wheels later and thrid be scooped out. Althrough I started spinning before the wheel with spindles I don't dare pick up a spindle right now, maybae in the future....



A defiante work in progress the Ample British Gansey socks, it's been slow going but almost there need to cast on that second sock right away . I joined 2 sock swaps one Sheep Thrills and the other at Towsend sock group in my side bar, the pattern is from the Six Sock A Long. and one of my lucky partners will be receiving these...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Had to clear off my bobbins and get ready so last night I finished my gifted roving



all and all I ended up with approximately 109 yards.. hmm what to make?? fingerless gloves maybe....it's soft and very neat colorway all the way from the Wool Fest in the UK!  WOOHOOOO PurlPower! Now she needs to get spinning soon too!! Thanks again ;o)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

PURLPOWER said...

Oooh it has turned out to be such a gorgeous mix of colours, different to what I expected but you've done a lovely job with it. Yes, perhaps some fingerless gloves or wrist warmers would be handy with it. I am still working on getting my hands on a spinning wheel! I am confident I will have managed it by Christmas though. Also exciting is that I have signed up to learn how to make felt so expect to see some more felty things appearing on my blog later this year!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous yarn! Have fun at the fair. Your yarn will be in the mail on Monday!