Monday, August 08, 2005

It's a Cocktail Monkey Bag (Black Kitty bag)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Cocktail Monkey Bag (Black Kitty bag)It's all done except I thnk I'm going to sew in black lining with an inside pocket later in the week.I used a hemp/cotton blend because I did't want it so stiff and eyelash I carried along the top a couple inches. I also made it higher about 9-10 inches instead of the 6" the pattern called for. It a real nice size...My DDs both liked it.. WOW!! (coming from a 17 y/o!!)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very nice!

Martha said...

Nice bag! I like it a lot. A more useful size than the one the pattern called for, too.

Maureen said...

Great BAg! Looks roomy. Hey I have a question for you... I saw your box of silky cotton poly blends on cones. Do you knit socks straight with them or do you add these to a sock yarn? I have a cone of a polyester tweed that I am not sure what to do with it. It isn't soft enough by itself to make socks, but I was thinking of using it with a softer sock yarn... what do you think?

PURLPOWER said...

Royal Mail in the UK have sent me some compensation to make up for not delivering your Cork! Is there anything in particular you would like me to send you in place of it, or shall I surprise you with some random Rowan goodies?