Monday, May 30, 2005

Blogger SP5 Ideas

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Well, I have to admit that yes I think I crossed over to become a snob, never used to be......I think it'a all the stuff I've been learning about fibers, yarns and spinning in the past year.....I've just recently learned to build a stash, I used to buy as I go but not no more! I want more all the time. Think I'm addicted... What will my dear sweet husband do with all my stash both yarn & fiber. Althoguh I probably knit alot faster then I can produce my handspun


2. Do you spin? Crochet? Yes I spin & I can crochet but prefer knitting


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) whiners and cold weather


4. How long have you been knitting? about 15 years self taught, my grandmother showed me when I was very young under 10 but at that time I prefered crocheting had quicker results, over the past 10-15 years I took up the love of knitting! All self taught and some make fun of me at times but it's all fun! I JUST HAVE MY OWN STYLE AND AT TIMES JUST WING IT! LOL

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? yes, michellelmf@yahoo.com or soap fiber gal


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)I make my own soap & bath products and like most fresh, clean, STRONG & fruity but not to many florals


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? ABSOLUTELY! Chocolate any way type or form


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? making those dangling type of pretty stitch markers with the glass beads mostly but really need to find a pair of I think there called needle nose pliers or bead tool or something better to bend the little metal thingys. Been using the flat screewdriver which isn't always a good thing. beads and even vintage/custom jewerly that can taken aprat to use the beads for markers


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I think so, pretty sure yes! ~ rock & roll, oldies but mostly country, I do listen to lots of varieies but no hip hop, banging or rap type kinda stuff!


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I'd have to say a cross of nautical and country but yet more comtempory type style. Spring when we ever have one again!!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? married to a wonderful patient man with 1 teen, 2 young children a husband and a small kitty


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) hmm to have a yarn, knitty soap bath shop of course with teas and chocolate from around the world but not really a dream I think I stopped dreaming a long time ago, I'm more of a realistic down to earth person who lives for the moment not on what if's

Oh and as my lovely DD tells me I really need to get up to date with my styles and colors besides natural, plain and dull colors, but I don't do flashy or glitsy well since I become an grown adult with kids...I must admit I still like some 80ish styles that I need to get over! I need a fashion make over!!!
What are we not allowed to wear socks over bottoms of pants any more or socks with sandels???


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? finer types and mostly very soft & luxious. Silky soft


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? cheap ones that pill or itch or shed or dry feeling while kniting! ewwwwww


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks and tops, felted bags or other items


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? felted bags


17. What are you knitting right now? socks, tops, sweaters, socks, bag, felted clogs, kids cardigan, adult cardigan, summer top, tank, xback just to name a few in no specific order,


18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't just the flash backs fo granny square pom pom and right colors just kill me!


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circular or double points short and long. I have most sizes but none of the very large types over 15 or 17 or higher and always need dpns in all sizes espceially the smaller ones


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo,other woods or addi turbo


21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes most defiantely! Just wish I knew how to use blockers and where to get them


22. How did you learn to knit? self taught all the way


23. How old is your oldest UFO?5 maybe 6 months tops


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? sponge bob, I think the prettiest birds are rainbow lorys aka lorikeets from Austraila


25. What is your favorite holiday? halloween through new years, everyone is much happier but July 4th is up there as a tie!


26. Is there anything that you collect? yarn, lighthouses, yarn, chocolate, fiber, and did I mention yarn oh and books, sock patterns, bag patterns, knitting magazines.....teas from Adagio there absolutly wonderful, there teas, tea pots, everything, I just love them!


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? spin off, interweave knits, Debbie Bliss club, memory makers which I don't even read


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? modular knitting, any Rowan, Jaeger or Debbie Bliss except books 1 & 7, last minute knitted gifts, bobbi bear patterns, defiantly am looking for more modern styles.
I'd like to try out some fair isles easy ones I never liked it much so stayed away but see some doing more simple fairisles. I can never corrdinate my coloring right thoguh LOL
Of course I'd love to have my own PIPSQUEAKS by Kim Kargreaves (a Rowan book)I'm working on 2 sweaters for my kids and wnat to make more but feel like I've borrowed it for way to long form another knitting friend, I really need to give it back soon.....Such wonderful patterns for kids up to 10 y/o I need to kit them all pretty much!! LOL

No comments: