Thursday, July 20, 2006

Look what I found

re-organizing you can really find stuff, you didn't know you had

first up 2 cotton chenille for washcloths different shades of purple not sure if you can tell from the photo or not.

next up a sk of the ever so beauiful sock yarn from Shaffer 'Anne' in different greens/blues of course will be a great pair of socks.....

Had to make a wash cloth right away the Flower Washcloth pattern in Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick. You know with this pattern that you have to weave in 7 ends.. Urgh!!! I hate that!

Oh a sk of this Meilenweit "Mega Boots Stretch' Can't wait to see this knitted up....Need to find that perfect pattern

Then in my mailbox was my New Sock Book arrived Friendly Socks,A Compilation of Designs Vol.1, over 27 patterns, lots of sock replated articles and so much more. Designs by Laura Anderson (editor), Debra Barker, Debra Chinn, Bonnie Franz, Susan Pierce Lawrence, Judy Rice, Nancy Wild & Becky Yoder. I recieved a book plate with each designers signature and a signed numbered copy #13 of 100!! WOOHOO Lucky number #13!!

here's the back cover (sneak peak to what inside)so many different gorgeous designs I don't know where to start and what to cast on first! Beaded Design, Cables, Entrelac, Fair Isle, Handspun, Holiday stocking, Tabi Sick, Twining and so many more It's a really tough decision... I can't wait to cast some on. If you haven't gotten ytour own copy hurry! It's a must have and a great dddition to anyones collection from beginner to experience it's a must have and makes a great gift for all knitters of any age.
Not in stores that I know of online ordering only. (No I'm not affiliated just love it, any sock knitter would)
Hey where can you find such great patterns from such wonderful designers with lots of experience for less then $1 per pattern? The book is very reasonably priced.. So well written & worth it! You won't regret it! Designed for socknitters by socknitters. What more could anyone want. It's all in here! I better stop I think I'm beginning to sound like an AD or something which I'm not I just really LOVE this book!

13 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Book looks great!
So what are you going to knit with your "new" yarn?

Anonymous said...

gee
i'm blushing!!
L
[we only have about 8 or 9 of the numbered copies available]

Jennifer said...

Oooo, that sock book looks wonderful! I will have to check it out.

javede said...

I'm always astonished what I find when I really clean up my room and reorganize it. A week ago I found some fabric I can't remember ever having brought!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you certainly found a bunch of goodies - hmmm, that got me thinking, perhaps I should start re-organizing my things too, perhaps there's some similar prettyness among it? That book looks absolutely great too!

Anonymous said...

awesome sock haul. It's like stash enhancement without leaving home!

Anonymous said...

That cotton chenille looks sooo soft! How does it work as a washcloth tho? Does it work up a good lather?

I SOOO LOVE THAT SOCK BOOK! like I need another sock pattern book!!! But I think I may have to splurge! I'm gonna add it to my wishlist. :D

Unknown said...

Looks like a great haul! Without spending any money!! I love Anne is is such a nice yarn! The chenille looks loverly. I wish I liked chenille.....

Annie said...

Once (if) I ever master socks I'll buy some "Anne" and knit myself a pair. Because my name is Anne, and I appreciate it being spelled with an e!

Washcloth looks great- it's a fun knit, isn't it? I have stash envy now, which I shouldn't, because lord knows I have too much stash...

Wait- that's the painkillers talking, one can NEVER have too much stash!!

cpurl17 said...

I love that you found yarn! I need to do some clearing out...

Iris said...

That sock book looks great. Will definitely have to check it out!

Tori said...

Cute washcloth! come to think of it, most washcloths are only a bit bigger than swatches...I should be able to manage that :-). Take care

Elspeth said...

I got some of that Mega Boots Stretch in MD -- keep us posted how you like it because I'll use it at some point too!