Monday, July 10, 2006

WIP Dilemma or Frogpond?


With a new Opal petticoat color I've been working on Friday Harbor Sock from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush which the pattern calls for a cast on of 50 sts.. BIG Whoops!!! Won't fit me!!! See my dilemma... I could finish them and swap or gift them (don't' know someone they'll fit that I'd gift handmade socks too) them but that's may not be a definite either or I have to send to the frog pond!! )which I hate doing if at all possible!) It'll be a very day if I must do that.. Not sure what I was thinking or why I didn't redo the math for the pattern.. Life's getting the best of me and my concentration on knitting lately hasn't been what it should be! Can't you tell from this...Can I blame it on a bad week last week and a horrifying migrane. Stay in bed most of the weekend then last night I picked this up staying to myself as I went around.. What did I do and why am I still knitting..

10 comments:

Karen said...

They aren't stretchy? And if that's all you've done of the sock, frog it and do something else. That colorway is lovely.

sheep#100 said...

I did that with my Trekking sock. Frogged it just before starting the heel - why I thought it would work, I have no clue.

Jennifer said...

I think you'd probably better frog it. It may be painful, but it's better to knit socks that fit, than try to find someone with feet that would work.

Unknown said...

I had to do that 2 times with the trekking socks I just made! The color is very nice! I got your package! I love it thanks for swaping! I love your soaps!!

Anonymous said...

I would probably frog it. It's a shame to have them a) not fit you and b) most likely not fit someone you could gift them to. It's really pretty...you're so fast anyways, you'll pick up and get back to where you left off in no time! Good luck and hope you are feeling better!

~Your Knittyboard SP

LadyLungDoc said...

2 words:
wrist. warmers.

Carolyn said...

Oh, that's beautiful - I would be so mad if I had to frog them. But, if they're not a good fit maybe you should - and you're such a speedy knitter you'll get back to where you were in no time!

PURLPOWER said...

Oh man, migraines suck big time. Hope you have a better week this week.

turtlegirl76 said...

Frog it. No sense in continuing something you know won't fit and you'll have a hard time gifting.

Besides, the honest person that I am, it appears you're having the same issue I just did with the socks I just finished - the yarn competes with the pattern. Though a beautiful pattern and yarn, together, they do not compliment each other as well as they could. Just a thought. Save you from what I just went through.

KnitPastis said...

Migraines are tough, sure hope you feel better soon. I think it's a really nice colorway. If it were me, I would frog it and put it away until I felt better. Take care of yourself hun.