Thursday, September 22, 2005

Secret Pal 6

This post is mostly for my secret pal 6 but in case anyone is curious I would never turn away free gifties....LOL

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
sad to say yes I am a snob....although I think I like the Cotton Ease for the kids knits for hats & mittens otherwise I avoid it at all costs....

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Oh yeah I spin!! Love it have 2 wheels that are in good use...

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) yes n no but some florals do make me sneeze, and recently had tests and found out that I'm allergic to all tress & grass?? Who knew I thought everyone sneezed coughed and gaged when doing lots of yard work

4. How long have you been knitting? most of my life but obsessively as an adult

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? both amazon & knit picks

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) fresh, clean fruity, sweet everything really except not huge fan of florals. I also make my own soaps and things dable here and there

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? well of course.. I think I'm a certifiable chocoholic.....

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? spin, knit, felt, beaded stitch markers, knit more, spin more...

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? not really kinda plain, nautical but branching out into more colors, not a sparkly type

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? have a Dh & 3 children, 17 & 5 y/o girls and a little man of the house who'll be 4 in a couple weeks. Oh and of course the best one the family a knitty cat lovwes to knit with me...lol

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)Living it sort of.... have a wonderful husband who works very hard for us and a happy healthy family

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I'll knit with just about anything...althoguh I've been trying to catch some Rowan big wool on sale but it never happens to me, I 've been dreaming about the tate sweater inthe book I bought last year still drooling.....

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? synthetics

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks, sweaters, felted things, & clapotis's, handpainted yarns, fingerweight to extra bulky oh everything! I do alot of knitting

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? sweaters & socks and felted items

17. What are you knitting right now? several socks, clappotis's, pullovers, cardigans adult & child, more socks,

18. What do you think about ponchos? don't won't knti them won't wear them reminds me way to much of having to wear them and hating them as a kid

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circs & DPN all the way for everything

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? hard woods or addis

21. Are you a sock knitter? Totally obsessed!

22. How did you learn to knit? grandmother when I was very young and self taught

23. How old is your oldest UFO? scray thought a crochet afhgan in single stitches , takes forever!! I only work on it in the winter cold months so Ishouldn't say how old it is... Maybe alomst close to 5 y.o but nothing else sits aorund longer then a couple months

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? sponge bob, smurfs, tweety but I do sit and wacth sponge bob even if t he kids get distracted so sad I know 5pm everyday!

25. What is your favorite holiday? just another day, but of course I celebrate them for the kids, I enjoy halloween the best I get to tkae the candy and some of that bad chocolate thats no good for them....heeeheeeheee

26. Is there anything that you collect? besides yarn and fiber?? hmmm I'd have to say lighthouses but I like more decor type thigns not knick knacks that have to be dusted takes way to much time away from knitting ya know

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? spin off, IK & Rowan

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? can't think of any at the moment maybe knitting mysteries or the new sock book by Nancy Bush is allthat really comes to mind

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? can't think of anything, minds a total blank

ETA: 30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? US 8-9 all kinds of soft luxury sock yarns of course. I usually knit them about 9" long. To put that many stitches onto something they need to be soft & cozy as well as warm, but I don't like thick types have to many only wear around the house

I just love getting mail so don't stress out, let me know if you have any questions....

1 comment:

soapy said...

Hi!! So exciting, Have fun let me know if you want to ask me anything, I have another questionaire in June or May in the archives great info, some say I'm hard some say I'm easy... Have fun!
Thank you I'm sure you'll make me smile.....;o))))))