Friday, June 02, 2006

STR Socks!


Just a simple sock but really neat... The cuffs, heels & toes are worked in garter stitch and the rest in St. Stitch. I made them for a very sweet lady for a little gift to show how much I appreciate her friendship and gifts. I've had lots of fun making these and not much pooling for the first time I think.....lol I hope she enjoys them and being introduced to STR yarn It was so hard to part with them too I liked the way they came out alot! (I'm not usually a bright color type either, so very unusal for me)
Used US size 1 needles 2.25mm and can't remember for sure but I think it's Xmas rock colorway.
I can't say the size because then she might know there for her and she hasn't recieved them just yet, they in the mail on they way to her now. I can't wait until she gets them so exciting! I sure hope they fit too makes me nervous not seeing the foot myself or doing proper measurements. (yes I know she blog stalks me)
A few more days she should have them.....YEAH!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

so many great colors of STR so little time. lol. I really must try some soon

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Gifting is great!

KnitPastis said...

I bet it is hard to part with these STR yarn socks! Simple but I bet they are comfortable!

mandy said...

those look really cool, awesome job!

Carolyn said...

Ooh, what fab colours!! Like a wonderful rainbow. Those are sooo cool!!!

Anonymous said...

They came out great! I'll have to try a similar pattern sometime myself! I'm sure your friend will love them!

-Your knittyboard SP

RoxyK said...

Oh I just love those socks. Maybe one day STR will make its way to the UK. Till then, I'll just continue drooling....

Anonymous said...

Hi there ! Love to visit you :-) BUT NO; YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY OPALS !!!! THEY ARE MINE, MINE, MINE !!!! I thimk I'm going to be sitting on them from now on, just in case..... Love Vigdis, Norway

Anonymous said...

hey Michelle, is this your design? it's awesome!!
i love the garter everywhere. just amazing how it POPS the colors!!
you are so sweet &
talented!! and someone is one lucky person.
hugs, :L