Thursday, April 28, 2005

Shawl for MIL

Finally!! It's been a couple months in the works... I missed my mil birthday this month so at least she'll have it for Mother's Day! It was a beautiful yarn that Lin gave to me she collected in Taiwan in Feb.30 I started it in the end of March so really it only took about a month to knit up it's huge! I ripped it several times then finally decided to go with cast on 4 sts then knit 2 yo knit across each row until 200sts where completed! Very lacy , beautiful drape and already bordored buy the pattern.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



here's another view, it comes across my arms down shoulders and back the point is past my buttlocks just a few inches into the thighs

Image hosted by Photobucket.com





Well since my mil likes the color ecru I thought this would be perfect the yarn is laceweight with little loops thoughout, just perfect. Will be wrapping it and shipping it to her in OH on Monday. I hope she likes it....

No comments: