Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Weekend!?! Fo...


Not much during the long weekend but did manage to make 2 ball band washcloths from Mason Dixon Knitting...Used less then 2 sks of Peaches and Cream worcested Cotton on US size 7 needles. Quick knits in between projects are great!

I've been doing alot of reading. James Frey's book A Million Little Pieces..... So much controversary over the book I had to read it..Even though he exsagerated about some things it is definately a page turner. Haven't been able to put it down much this weekend..

My DD fell off hte back of a motorcycle Saturday evening cracked the helmet a little on the back visor shattered she bounced a few times and then refused to take the ambulance when it arrived. Has had numbing pain down her legs, badly bruised, scraped, etc. the whole nice yards.. Good thing she had that helmet on thats for sure and they weren't going very fast at all. So Sunday morning after waking up I picked her up and took her straight to the hospital after I paged the our DR on call! Lots of sprains, strains she flipped off the back and bounced her head about 3 times down the road, right along the beach in front of lots of people.. Anyway her cocox (tail bone) is fractured, her butt's badly banged up and thats an understatement of the year!! The DR took one look and said 'boy thats nasty!' Lots of pretty ugly brusing a variety of colors scrapes cuts here and there her knee is messed up a little which she injured from cheerleading a couple years ago and will need some surgery. Her graduation in Saturday June 3rd.. I sure hope she makes it to do the walk!! errrr! 18 year olds!!! Memorial weekend!!
She doesn't want to go to her senior dinner dance now.. Can't say I really blame her which is a shame but her desicion..

Then my little man tried climbing up his bureau and it tipped over on top of him all the drawers, tv.. I run to him and his trying to hold the TV off his face!! Of course one of last nights news headlines stories too is about children who get killed by bedroom funiture!!!!

Hoping for a quiet day today maybe finish this book and relax pull out one of my WIP!
cousin birthday party later...DH is a vet from Desert Storm and just wants to relax!

Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, holy cow! You had an interesting weekend. I'm glad both your daughter and son are ok. The furniture falling on kids is scary, isn't it?
I also read A Million Little Pieces, and loved it. Read 'My Friend Leonard' next. It's the sequel and I couldn't put that down either.

me myself and i said...

Poor things!! Hope the kids are doing ok!

Lisa said...

Eeeek! Talk about a wild weekend! Hope your daugter is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am glad everyone is ok. That's very scary stuff. I hope after all was said and done that you had some relaxation in the end. The dishcloths are very nice too! In the spirit of this Memorial day that we just had (and a beautiful one at that) tell your DH a big thank you for his service in keeping us all free and safe!
~Your SP (from knittyboard)

kat said...

wow what a weekend...you almost need a vacation from it

Hege said...

How scary! Your heart must have stopped several times this weekend! Glad they are both ok.

Anonymous said...

YOur DD is really a fighter! Hope she will recover pretty soon!

Those dishcloths are mega hit among knitters! And every time I am amazed of numerous coloure combinations!

Annie said...

I have a question... could you make and ship my sp8 pal some fun soap?

Carolyn said...

I hope your DD is ok now - that must have been so frightening for you. Having teenagers must be mighty stressful!!