Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day & FOs

I actually got to sleep a little later then usually, my sweet little girl made my bed for me!! I was very impressed how good of a job she did and at 6 y.o! woohooo! Could this be the start of something I wonder.hmmmm
Then DH took me to the Gourmet Bunch in Hyannis, Cape Cod! I abosultely love it there! Never had a bad meal, been going there for about 10-12 years now. We use to go regular every Sunday before we had the kids. It's not a very big place seats about 70pp. The owner Joe, makes all his customers feel like ole long lost friends. So personable, friendly and will sit and have a nice conversation with you and personal too but yet always maintains totally professionalizion. They keep brown sugar in a sugar bowl on the table not white sugar? Anyway I love the Gourmet Samplers with all the different things to eat on the platter with warm dipping cheese sauce for the zucchini, cauliflower, mushrooms which I dont' eat just the zucchini, a slice of your choice of Quiche, fresh friuts, rolled ham (inside is stuffed with cream cheese & crushed spanish olives spread on ham and rolled up.. hmm so good. I know the recipe of a few things that the owner has shared thoguh the years with me, I used to make them for special occasions parties, etc. Still once once in a while. They also have just about any kind of omelet imaginable from smoked, to veggies even asparagus!.... they keep photos of famous people that have visited on the walls along with all kinds of awards and plaques for his award winning chilis & chowders..Of course got to have that Mimosa!! Portions are perfect, I like almost everything there, never had bad meal. Can you tell it's one of my favorite places to eat. If your ever visiting Cape Cod, MA, definately stop in for breakfast, lunch or brunch. Don't forget the mimosas! heehee He's only open from 7am-2pm open year round 7 days a week in Downtown Hyannis. lots of shopping to walk off all the calories....

Mothers Day he gives out long stem roses but my kids were fighting over it and broke the stem.. The mugs he use to sell not sure if they still do or not. There heavy and great for tea & coffee has the logo on the side. here's a good part of the menu lunch on the other side, not sure if you click on the photo to enlarge if you can read some of it.
Not only that he has the cards they give you that gets signed every visit, every 7th meal is absolutely FREE!

Then onto some FOs later in the day

Finished up a chocolate chenille poncho for Joyce in Ky to sell at her fairs (Adult Med size)
I know I take crappy pictures! Sorry

and a matching hat

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great mothers day! The poncho and hat look great!!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to that restaurant. I will have to give it a try. Isn't mom's day awesome?