Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionaire

I did this quickly but will update often


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? mostly natural fibers nothing scratchy I guess I've become a yarn snob over the past few years, but honestly I'm not very picky at all.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? a tackle box organizer

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? intermediate to advanced

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon, Adagio (wishlist is currently down), Knit Picks (just about anything)

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)anything real strong, I have cronic sinusitis so hard to smell lightly fragrant things

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? of course chocolate... dark, Sweet

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? knit, spin, also make soap bath & body stuff

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) country, rock & roll popular music stuff nothing rapish or banging type

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I know I'm boring nautical & natural colors, but I have been starting to branch out with color! ;o)) Not fussy realy. I enjoy anythign you pick send

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? married with children and a cat

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes sometimes but I only like the heavy warm type ponchos, hats not to mcuh I have very thick hair and they don't stay, mitts & gloves are great

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? socks mostly, top down tops, Honestly I like to knit anything really..I really enjoy knitting alot

13. What are you knitting right now? socks, finishing up a poncho (for hire), socks, summer top almost done, sweater, afghan & child fair isle sweater and did I mention more socks, and cardi

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? hardwood, rosewood or ebony DPN & circs

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes I love them!

17. How did you learn to knit? grandmother & self taught

18. How old is your oldest UFO? over a year

19. What is your favorite holiday? halloween (candy)

20. Is there anything that you collect? chocolate, sock yarns, fiber, books, tea, unique tea pots, (love to have a clay pottery pot , jixing or something like that) chocolate

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Big Girl Knitting by Amy Singer, a nice lace book, and the first 2 Cat Borduis books, all my mags are expiring soon, looking for ID tags for my circs (addis wear off very easily), always checking out light weight or cotton spindles, glass needles, ewe sockwolle

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? mobeius cast on, domino knitting

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes size 8 shoe
8" around the ankle and 9 1/2" foot length eur 38/39... Love my Briks shows off my handmade socks too ;o)

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 9/12

No comments: