Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's in the Bag!

I did a swap with the ever so sweet & talented Trek SHe makes these cute drawstring bags.. I grew up sewing, my Mom was a Master Seamstress so I didn't have much of a choice but to learn. So now I dont make much sewing wise anyway. A quick pair of Pjs or top quick things, I'd rather focus on knitting & spinning and stuff. I do have 2 machines, 1 older singer & 1 brother. So when I saw them and the neat fabrics she uses. I did a lovely swap with her for one of her bags. She does a very nice job and a silky ribbon for the drawstring, lined with neat seams. She put alot of love in her bags for sure. If you want your very own bag stop by and see what she has left..Shes very lovely and I'm sure you'll work something out.... I have a special project in the bag!
(click on photos to enlarge) link to her blog is in the post title

Whats in the bag........It's a sock project. A special project for a special bag.. I casted on for a fair isle silk socks from the Regina Silk pattern booklet. Everythign fits nicely, the pattern booklets is a litle taller but thats ok...It all fits, 4 skeins of Regina Silk, set of DPNS, small pair of sissors, pattern booklet, tape measure and chibi all in the bag! All ready to go

Thank you Trek! Happy Spinning!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Glad you like the bag!

Please change to my alias - trek - in your post!

Anonymous said...

Sure is special bag! Simply beautiful! And very inspiring for knitting!

kat said...

what a sweet little bag...makes me want to drag my sewing machine out from behind the couch.

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag! Those socks look nice, too. I can't wait to see them all done.